Grievance Process for Adults
General school matters can be raised at Staff Meeting, with the PAC or OHWS Committee.
All personal matters should be raised directly with the person concerned and/or Principal in a confidential manner.
Matters involving sexual or racial harassment could be raised with the identified trained staff contacts.
All matters relating to professional conduct should be raised directly with the Principal in a confidential manner.
- Endeavour to deal with the person directly involved.
- If you are dissatisfied with what happens speak to that person again.
- If you feel the matter is not resolved, raise it with the Principal at a formal meeting (taking into consideration confidentially, it may be useful to speak with colleagues first about your concern).
- This meeting to be followed up with:
- Monitoring the situation
- Further discussion with the people involved
- Inviting support from within DECS and community resources
- The principal to follow up until the matter is resolved.
- If steps 1 to 4 do not resolve your concern, contact the Hills Region Education Office for assistance.
At times staff, parents and students may feel more confident approaching the Principal with a trusted friend. Please do so if this helps address concerns.
General school matters can be raised with the Staff, Principal or members of the Governing Council.
All personal matters should be raised directly with the school through a teacher or principal in a confidential manner.
- Make an appointment to talk to the Teacher involved (or in the case of School Services Officers or parent helpers, see the Principal).
- If you are unhappy with what happens speak to the teacher again.
- If the issue is not resolved, make an appointment with the Principal. Let them know beforehand what subject matter is going to be raised.
- Meet with the Principal:
- This could be followed up with a phone call at later times to monitor the situation
- It may also result in a further discussion with the parents, teacher and Principal.
- It might include inviting support for the family or school eg. Guidance Officer, Social Worker, Student Management.
- If you still feel dissatisfied, contact the Principal to air your concerns again. The Principal to follow up until the matter is resolved.
- If after Steps 1 – 5 parents still feel dissatisfied, contact the Hills Region Education Office, for assistance.
It is important that these concerns/grievances are kept confidential. At times, you may seek support from friends to gauge their reaction. It is very important to do this wisely. At all times, it is important for the student’s sake that the school and class teacher are not criticised in the student’s hearing.
People You May Wish To Contact:
Mrs Lynne Noll
Mrs Rosalie Kathigitis
Mrs Melinda Paterakis
Ms Rachel Powell
Mrs Meg Ryan
Ms Libby Spencer
School Support Officers (SSOs)
Mrs Joy Bourne
Mr Dylan Burdett
Mr Matthew Chapman
Mrs Kerry Crowden
Mrs Fiona Matthews
Mrs Barbara Morphett
Mrs Gail Smith
Telephone: (08) 8388 9338
2019 Governing Council Members
Sylvia Clarke (Chairperson)
Christie McBeath (Deputy Chairperson)
Claire James (Secretary)
Amberly Andrew (Finance/Deputy Secretary)
Hills Region Education Office
Telephone: (08) 8391 4705